Auto start SickBeard at login on Mac OSX03 Sep 2014
SickBeard is an automated TV Show downloader, which I’m using together with my Plex installation. Out of the box Sickbeard does not start automatically when you boot OSX. I found a solution by using Automator.
- Open Automator and choose a new Workflow
- Add a ‘Run Shell Script’ action
- Add to following script in the textbox: “/usr/local/bin/python /path/to/sickbeard/sickbeard.py -d”
- Save the workflow as an Application in the SickBeard application folder
- Goto System Preferences > Accounts > User > Login Items
- Add the Application you just created with Automator
Done. It’s that simple.